In India Lok Sabha elections 2019 season is going on. The first phase of Lok Sabha elections has ended on April 11. However, during the voting, there were some complaints of voters. Many voters went to the polling booth, but many of them found that their name was missing from the Voter List and could not vote.
To avoid this problem, there are several ways through which you can check whether your name is in the voter list or not.
Let us know that your name is very important in the voter list. Remember, keeping voter ID only means that voter ID does not make you eligible to vote.
Therefore, if you are wondering if your name is present in the voter list, how can you check. So you can tell that you can do this by using the home or sitting SMS. Apart from this, the website can also be checked through. Let’s know how can check-
Before proceeding to check, some details should be kept in mind like – EPIC number, full name and other information like DOB etc. Tell those who do not know that the EPIC number is an alpha-numeric code of 10 digits which is printed on the voter ID.
How to check name in Voter List with SMS-
- Open the messaging app in your phone
- Type EPIC (space) 10 digit EPIC number
E.g. EPIC AFJ2079339
- Now send the message to 7738299899
Now you will get a message. If your name is not in the list then the message will get ‘no records found’, and if you have a name, then along with your name, other information will be received in the message.
Check the name in the voter list by call-
- Call 1950 from your phone
- After that choose Hindi or English language
- Now the Customer Care Executive will ask your name, place name and EPIC number, tell it
- After the information is confirmed, the executor will tell you whether your name is in the voter list or not.
Note that ‘1950’ is a location-based service. This will always connect you to the area of your SIM card. This means that if you have got your SIM card in Mumbai, then when you call it, you will connect it to a call center in Mumbai.
How to check name in voter list 2019 from the website-
- Visit the website by clicking here: https://eci.gov.in
- You will find the Search Name in Voter List option on the home page
- After clicking Search by EPIC No. Click on
- Now EPIC No. Next number of 10 digit number
- Write the name of the state ahead of the state and fill the captcha code appearing on the screen
- Now when you click on Find / Search, you will know whether the name has or not
For the information, let you tell that the Lok Sabha elections begin in 7 phases on April 11 and the result will come on May 23. The second phase of elections will be held on April 18, the third phase will be held on April 23, the fourth phase will be on April 29, the fifth phase will be held on May 6, the sixth phase will be held on May 12, and in the last phase of the seventh phase on May 19.